BIPOCANN Cannabis Advocacy. Connecting brands and professionals, service providers and business owners.
BIPOCANN is a limited liability company that was founded July 2020 in Denver, Colorado.
Our mission is to increase BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) visibility to advance representation and economic equity in the in the legal cannabis industries of the Americas.
BIPOC populations continue be the demographics that are most arrested and incarcerated for cannabis possession and use. Concurrently, these demographics are the least represented in business ownership and leadership roles in the multibillion-dollar ($30B+) legal cannabis industry.
Through BIPOCANN’s national membership network, consulting projects, and impact programs, we are shaping a more accessible and profitable legal cannabis industry for social equity applicants, minority entrepreneurs, and professionals.
Removing Barriers to Growth
BIPOCANN makes it easier for members to access cannabis education, networking, and business resources.
We accomplish this through programs, projects, and strategic partnerships that:
- Educate about the opportunities to participate in the legal cannabis industry
- Create amplication platforms for members and clients to be seen and heard in the industry (e.g. media, speaking, events)
- Provide mentorship and technical assistance to licensed cannabis businesses and early-stage entrepreneurs
- Enhance cannabis workforce, vendor, and supplier diversity
- Drive valuable business to business (B2B) referrals through BIPOCANN’s membership network.
PR & BRAND AMPLIFICATION
Ernest Toney, Founder
Ernest Toney leads BIPOCANN’s strategic efforts to improve equitable representation for BIPOC entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals in the cannabis industry’s state-legal markets.
Prior to BIPOCANN, Ernest managed global marketing initiatives for Marijuana Business Daily, the leading business (B2B) news source for the cannabis industry in the US and Canada, and producer of MJBizCon – the award-winning trade show and expo for cannabis professionals, held annually in Las Vegas.
During his tenure, Ernest grew global partnerships for the company’s family of brands and led marketing campaigns that increased attendance at MJBizDaily’s business conferences in North America, Latin America, and Europe.
Conference Speaking History
- Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference
- Moderator, “Social Equity: Translating Policy Into Action”
- Moderator, “Invest in Emerginc BIPOC Cannabis Brands”
- MJBizCon | Moderator, “Strengthening Social Equity in Cannabis Through Strategic Partnerships”
- Cannabis Marketing Summit | Moderator, “After Licensing Happens: Removing Barriers for Social Equity Businesses & How Marketing Can Help”
- Cornell University | Panelist, “BIPOC Cananbis Business Panel: Challenges and Victories in the Cannabis Industry”
- MJBizCon | Moderator, “Increasing Minority Participation in the Cannabis Industry’s New and Emerging Markets”
- Black CannaBusiness Conference | Moderator, “Cannabis Policy on the East Coast”
- NACB Social Equity Summit | Panelist, “Minority-Focused Associations in Cannabis: Ready With Real Help”
- GCI Virtual Summit | Panelist, “Social Justice and Running CommunityProjects Within Cannabis”
- Emerge Virtual Cannabis Conference | Panelist, “Cannabis Industry Inclusion Update”
- Cannabis Marketing Summit | Panelist, “7 Tips for Infusing Your Cannabis B2B Marketing with Diversity”
- NACB Social Equity Virtual Conference | Moderator, “The Journey of Social Equity Licensees: Stories from the Front Lines”
- Cannabis Quality Conference | Moderator, “The Future of Cannabis: A Discussion on Social Justice & How the Cannabis Industry Can Succeed”
- Cannabis Sustainability Symposium | Moderator, “Social Equity Best Practices for the Cannabis Industry”
- Board of Directors, Industrial Hemp Research Foundation
- Grant Reviewer, Colorado Cannabis Business Office
- Advertising & Marketing Jury, Clio Cannabis Awards (2021)