Kaycha Group, LLC is a leading provider of innovative Cannabis and Hemp testing technologies and methods. We perform product testing to help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. We provide comprehensive cannabis testing for potency, homogeneity, heavy metals, microbial contamination, mycotoxins, residual solvents, terpenes, and pesticides.
Job Listing: Cannabis & Hemp Lab Testing Internship - Denver, CO
The intern is responsible for working closely with our laboratory team to develop analytical skills and related experience. This position consists of many aspects from homogenizing, weighing and extracting samples, performing quality control checks, verifying various support equipment and properly disposing of all waste.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute laboratory protocol and procedures under the supervision of the Lab Director.
- Regularly display good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentified samples.
- Perform QC duties as assigned, including LCS and matrix spikes.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests, as assigned.
- Utilize the LIMS system to create batches, enter sample prep information and maintain physical and electronic records.
- Adhere to ISO 17025 standards as well as state regulatory requirements.
- Promote a strong customer service culture while adhering to the highest safety and industry standards.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to maintain an incredibly high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong agility, engagement, and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Working knowledge of logging, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while successfully managing multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Working knowledge of standard laboratory protocol.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, problem solve, and communicate with multiple levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field based on state requirements.
- 0-1 year of lab experience.
- Knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques commonly used in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Exposure to the cannabis industry is a plus.
- Must pass Level 2 background check.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Kaycha Labs offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and time off.
- Kaycha Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, handle or feel, to speak, and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The standard analytical laboratory environment is one in which potential health hazards do exist. Administrative, operations, technical, and professional staff are expected to safely operate in accordance with applicable and appropriate health and safety policies and procedures, as prescribed by the applicable Kaycha manuals and policies and/or federal, state, or local standards.
Laboratory staff can be expected to work in areas where hazards associated are with, but not limited to, airborne pathogens. Biological materials, hazardous substances, and radioactive material exist and are handled. Appropriate training is provided regarding these hazards and staff are expected to adhere to all health and safety policies at all times, whether they are in writing or verbalized by a supervisor.
Interested applicants should contact email@example.com.