Where’s Weed, the comprehensive online consumer resource that connects visitors with relevant cannabis businesses across the US and Canada, recently partnered with BIPOCANN to produce an informative content series on How to Get Into the Cannabis Industry.
In the introductory feature, the Where’s Weed team provides insightful context on the state of the workforce opportunities that exist in the nascent cannabis industry:
“According to a recent report, the cannabis industry supports over 428,000 jobs across the United States. Even considering the current economic climate, over 107,000 new jobs were created in the cannabis industry, nearly unmatched by any industry. That’s a 33% increase in jobs year over year!”
Popular Career Paths in Cannabis
The Career Series features 13 popular career paths in the cannabis industry and different types of roles you’ll find in each.
- Advocacy: Career paths in cannabis advocacy
- Brands: Career paths at cannabis brands
- Consulting: Career paths in cannabis consulting
- Delivery Services: Career paths in cannabis delivery services
- Dispensary: Career paths at a dispensary
- Growing: Career paths in cannabis growing
- Law: Career paths in cannabis law
- Manufacturing: Career paths in cannabis manufacturing
- Marketing: Career paths in cannabis marketing
- Media: Career paths in cannabis media
- Staffing: Career paths in cannabis staffing
- Testing Labs: Career paths in cannabis testing labs
- Tourism: Career paths in cannabis tourism
Removing Barriers to Entry in the Cannabis Industry
As Where Weed notes throughout the Career Series, “When it comes to the cannabis industry, getting into it is the hardest part.”
“Since BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color) populations are under-represented in this multibillion-dollar industry, BIPOCANN’s mission is to increase visibility and advance representation. Joining the BIPOCANN network gives you easy access to cannabis industry networking, education, and growth resources.”
Partnering to Increase Minority Visibility and Representation
Where’s Weed showcases a variety of different directories to help people find dispensaries, delivery services, MMJ doctors, branded products and related deals — plus relevant cannabis news and culture.
At its core, they are a technology company with a passionate team who truly cares about the consumer. Since 2011, they’ve led with education to allow visitors to safely experience the legalized cannabis industry, while providing a platform where canna-businesses can advertise, legally.
Where’s Weed became BIPOCANN’s first Diversity Advocate member in 2020. Since then, they have been a consistent partner in supporting BIPOCANN’s work in shaping a more accessible and profitable legal cannabis industry for minority entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals in the Americas.