Cannabis Social Equity Mentorship Program Launches
Earlier this year, the Cannabis Business Office (CBO), a division of Colorado’s Office of Economic Development & International Trade (OEDIT), awarded $750,000 in funding through its Cannabis Business Grant to social equity licensed cannabis businesses that have, or are actively pursuing, a regulated business license from the state’s Marijuana Enforcement Division.
The Cannabis Business Grant was launched as a pilot program in 2022, and it supports the ongoing growth of Colorado’s small cannabis businesses and fosters equity and diversity within the state’s cannabis industry.
On April 17, BIPOCann launched its second Social Equity Mentorship Program in partnership with Colorado’s Cannabis Business Office (CBO).
Throughout the spring and summer, BIPOCann will be supporting the grant recipients weekly 1:1 mentorships to support their business growth. In addition direct mentorship, the program offers an exciting curriculum that includes education, industry networking opportunities, and marketing intensives:
- Business Foundations Webinar
- Business Foundations Workshop
- Brand Building & Storytelling Webinar
- Relationship Building Networking Event
- Supplier & Vendor Diversity Webinar
- Media Day
- Industry Conference Participation
- Graduation & Networking Event
Social Equity Program Sponsorships Available
Sponsorship opportunities are now available to support BIPOCann’s programs, including the Social Equity Mentorship Program.
$1,000 = Program Sponsor
$5,000 = Impact Sponsor
All Sponsorships Include:
- Logo visibility in marketing materials (website, newsletter, social media)
- Brand recognition at BIPOCann workshops, events, and meetups
- Small Business-level membership ($500 value) access and benefits
- Impact sponsors also receive an Advocate-level membership ($2,500 value) and a feature in BIPOCann’s annual impact report.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your custom sponsorship or program interests.